Clear all

LED wires for 1581

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@kenneth-simmons)
New Member Customer
Topic starter  

Hi there, I was wondering what gauge is the wires for the 1581 LED lights. The middle orange wire has separated from the LED board. I guess I will need to get a wire stripper. What would be the best method the solder it back in. I figure I would de-solder the middle pad, make sure the hole is clear. Would it be better to solder the wire from the back side. New to soldering circuit boards. Have ordered some cheap prototype boards to practice soldering and de-soldering. Goal is to build the "Super Clone" cartridge. (Super Snapshot). On a side note, I am hoping that someday that someone can make a replacement for the MOS 8726 REC PLCC68 chip for use in the 1 mb. REU made by Digital Audio Concepts. Take care.

(@administrator)
Member Admin

Hi I believe the wire is 24 gauge. Your method sounds fine, for de-soldering there are a few methods available. If you have a de-soldering iron that would be the ideal way. Next best would be a solder sucker, if you don't have that then some de-solder wick. Sometimes you can also just heat up the pad as you push the wire through.

ReplyQuote
(@kenneth-simmons)
New Member Customer
Topic starter  

Thanks, Chris for the tips. I ordered the PC-1581 adapter and the chip leg straighten a couple days ago. So you should see it next week I guess. take care.

ReplyQuote
Share: