Are you having random sound problems, random rebooting or getting Guru errors? If so, it may be time to replace the electrolytic capacitors in your Amiga.
Over time the electrolytic capacitors in your Amiga may start to leak which can lead to permanent damage because the electrolyte will begin to eat away at the solder mask and even the copper on the board leaving you with an expensive repair job so its best to replace capacitors as a preventative measure.
Our Expectation for Recapping
The board you send to us must be in working order, meaning that it boots as far as getting to the Kickstart screen asking for a disk. The board must not show any previous attempts at recapping.
- Inspect the board for leaking capacitors and previous attempts at recapping
- Remove all electrolytic capacitors
- Clean the area using Isopropyl Alcohol
- Replace capacitors
Ready to get started?
- Click the Add to Cart or Buy button to start the process.
- Check your Inbox for packaging and shipping instructions.
- Send your Amiga or motherboard and include your Name / Address and / or a copy of your order receipt.
- Give us about a week and we’ll ship your system back to you fully recapped.
Some things to Note
- Do not send accessories such as power supply / mouse / etc..
- Recapping Service applies to Amiga 1200 / 600 / 500 – All board revisions
- This is not a repair service and your board must function before sending it to us.
* This service is available in the US only. Shipping to and from countries outside of the US can become very expensive.