Repair Agreement, Terms & Conditions
NOTE: DO NOT SEND ITEMS TO US TO REPAIR WITHOUT CONTACTING US FIRST. If we don’t have expertise repairing your item, we won’t waste your time or money trying!
Below are the terms of our service which outlines the process of getting your vintage system repaired:
- First, to get the item to us; you have to ship it and that cost would need to be covered by you. Make sure you package it well, we cannot be held liable for damages that occur during shipping.
- Speaking of shipping, unless you’re having some mechanical issue; if you feel comfortable, you should remove the mainboard from the case and ship just that. It makes the whole shipping process much simpler.
- Unless you are utilizing our FREE REPAIR SERVICE, the evaluation fee is $30 for all systems, not including return shipping which you don’t have to pay until we have finished evaluating your system. This will be added to the final repair cost.
- The evaluation has no time constraint. We will never charge more than our base evaluation fee to get to the root cause of the problem.
- Sometimes during the diagnostic process its not uncommon to fix the issue. This usually happens while troubleshooting RAM related issues which mostly involve desoldering and replacing RAM. If this happens, we would charge you only for the parts that were used to fix the issue. There would be no additional labor fee.
- After an evaluation has been performed, you will receive a report via email which details the estimate of parts and labor required to repair your system. We bill labor in 1 hour increments at $50 / hour. The estimate you receive will be what your final bill will be. We will never charge you more than what was on the estimate.
- If we can’t fix your system you will only pay the evaluation fee no matter how much time we put into trying to fix it.
- All repairs are warrantied for 90 days.
- If your system is beyond repair or simply costs too much to fix then you have a few options:
- Pay the evaluation fee and return shipping and we’ll send your system back.
- Receive a store credit for whatever parts may be salvageable.
- If the store credit does not exceed the evaluation fee, you can choose to pay nothing and we’ll keep the item.
Last Updated 6/5/2022