The A500 IDE / 8MB Fast RAM / RTC Module is the perfect addition to any Amiga 500. This module provides your Motorola 68K with 8MB of Fast RAM while at the same time allowing you to also add a hard drive so that you can install and boot from WorkBench and if that’s not enough, it also adds a fully functional battery backed real time clock.
- IDE Controller – Mini IDE to support compact flash and SD to IDE adapters
- 8MB Fast RAM
- Battery Backed RTC (Real Time Clock)
- Compact All-in-One design (No CPU relocator board required)
- 4 Layer Board
- Hand Solderable 1206 component sizes
- Support for ATF1508 / ATF1504 TQFP100 CPLD’s
- Tag Connect JTAG for easy Firmware loading
Some things to note:
- To boot via IDE, you’ll need to either patch your Kickstart ROM or use a Kickstart ROM that has the required SCSI drivers such as Kickstart 3.1
- 2 points at the expansion port will need to be soldered /OVR and /INT2. Documentation is available below
- Due to the limited I/O on the ATF1504, CFGIN / CFGOUT is not implemented
This project was inspired by Oleg Mishin. You can find the original project here.
There are no reviews yet.